What makes Canvas Corp's Stretched Canvases unique?
1. They are made of heavy duty cotton canvas (no see through fabric on these canvases)
2. They are made of 100% cotton fabric
3. They are hand-stretched and made in our facility (some of the smallest sizes are sometimes imported)
4. We make a full range of standard and unique sizes
5. We offer custom sizes and over-sized canvases
6. We can offer stretched burlap and other unique fabrics stretched onto the form.
7. We use wood grown and processed in the USA that is high quality and very sturdy
8. We pride ourself on the quality and hand-made style of our canvases
You can use a stretched canvas for a variety of different art and craft projects from fine art with acrylic and fine art paints to paper, mists and craft supplies with amazing results.
You can design right on the canvas with stencils, stamps, run-ons, iron-ons, texture medium, paint and more as you create your mixed media art, fine art, wall art and more. We love this piece using photos to create a one of a kind art piece.
We offer what we call standard thickness and "chunky" which is a nice thick version of the stretched canvas and allows you to decorate the sides.
The raw canvases are available as small as 2"x2" and 24"x30" in our stock line and custom sizes are available. The canvas featured here is 3' x 4'
The raw canvas allows the natural beauty of the canvas show through and offers more options than gesso covered canvas. You can then decide if to cover the entire space with gesso, leave some areas exposed or use the canvas just as it is. A great example of ways to use a non-gessoed canvas are creating things like adding a vintage photo to the natural surfaced. Check out our blog and Shelley's post to see how she does it.- How to print heritage photos on canvas
Because of the natural material they will accept just about any art medium you can apply to paper. When painting canvas the colors are so vibrant and you can create great techniques such as a watercolor look, ombre, masked designs, stencils, stamping and more.
The natural canvas is the perfect surface for art, mixed media, home decor project and seasonal designs that you will be proud to show off. Art by Vicki Ross
Create tiny canvas art with the little sizes, great for exchanging, fundraisers or just adding art to shelves and spaces in the home. Art by Stacy Spangler. Show off your canvases in a basket, crate or box in a variety of sizes giving your customers a choice in mixed media and art surfaces.
Looking for an idea for classes or events in your store, why not take the sip and paint concept to a new level adding paper and a few mixed media details like this amazing piece by Vicki Ross. The paper added to the tinted canvas is amazing you will be proud to show off this piece.
- raw canvas - no gesso - ungessoed
- two thickness options available for many of the canvas sizes - standard and chunky
- also available in stretched burlap
- 100% cotton
- raw wood frame with wrapped canvas
- 10 ounce canvas
- no gesso applied
- for artist, mixed media artist, crafters, teachers, schools