Architextures™ is about building creative things. Starting somewhere and adding bits and pieces that speak to you to create a one of a kind piece, often called mixed media, because now anything goes. One very popular technique in mixed media is to use a wide range of mediums and a stencil to create a background with texture and dimension. The idea for the Bases is to start that process for you. For those who love the process you can use the Bases as a stencil, base, mask or part of the process or you can alter or distress the base and start building your piece, the option is all yours.
Bases were created with a patented technology that helped us to achieve a product that did just what we hoped for...matte finish, flexible, adhesive, negative and positive space, dimension, color, alterable and in a format that is easy to work, especially when the real thing is not so easy to work with like real chicken wire.
The Bases can be used behind and in the front, your choice and you can transform them to work with your design style and color palette.
- Available in 2 packaging sizes 6'x6" (Short Bases) and 6"x9" (Tall Bases) (bases differ in sizes and shapes)
- Adhesive (we suggest additional glue or a top coat when adding to textured surfaces, wet medium or non-flat areas.
- Flexible and easy to tear or cut
- Alterable, allowing them to be painted, distressed or altered with inks, paints, dyes
- Textured finish which adds immediate dimension to projects
- Inspired by the real thing, but created in a craftable material that is easy to work with
- Can be used as a stencil, mask, background or an embellishment
- Use as one piece or break them up into smaller pieces
- Patented technology
- Wide range of designs and themes